It is HARD to find a recipe that works for biscuits when you don’t use butter, eggs and wheat flour! Whew! But it’s doable! This recipe IS NOT mine but I wanted to put it here for those who DO follow me and wanted to find a biscuit recipe! This recipe is from Karielyn with The Healthy Family And Home! Go follow her website HERE! She has some really great vegan AND gluten free recipes that looks to DIE for! So here is the recipe, you guys will love these!!
- 2 cups Bob’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 3/4 cups almond milk (I use Califia Farms)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (solid, not melted)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp Himalayan salt
1. Preheat your oven to 400.
2. All add ingredients (EXCEPT the coconut oil) to a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Add in the solid coconut oil and mix until it has a slightly crumbly texture.
3. Take out a small ball at a time and gently shape into a round biscuit shape. I ended up making 9 biscuits but you can make yours bigger if you like.
4. Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the top.