If you know me, you know I have a very deep relationship with potatoes. Like, deep deep. They get such a bad rap and shouldn’t! They don’t make you fat and they aren’t causing health problems! If you want to read up on the amazing health benefits of these gorgeous root veggies, go HERE and enjoy knowing that what you’re eating is HEALING you! Anthony’s information has changed my life, especially because I’ve brought potatoes back into my diet. They help ground me, relax me, fill me up and heal my Central Nervous System. Anxiety be gone!
You can do any kind of spices you wish on potatoes! I usually do the same kind of idea but sometimes switch it up and make more herbaceous ones with basil, thyme and/or oregano. I also love black pepper & turmeric coated ones! This recipe is my basic one I do the most and I hope you all love it! Let me know what you think! This feeds 1-2 depending on your appetite! I usually use red or yellow potatoes and those can be small. If you choose to do russet, just do 1 or 2.
- 4 yellow Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder ( I LOVE garlic!)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges. I leave the peel on!
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, seasonings & oil. Massage well until everything is evenly coated.
- On a large baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper, spread out the potatoes. You may have to use more than one sheet so you don’t overcrowd.
- Bake for 40 minutes and check. I do not flip, I allow them to brown on one side pretty well. Usually takes no longer than 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with salad (my FAVORITE way!), salsa, mustard, cashew cream, hummus, tahini or anything you love!